The Town of Gordonsville continues to monitor conditions regarding the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Gordonsville Town offices will re-open for public access on Monday, June 22, 2020. The protocols below are intended to protect the health and welfare of citizens and employees. They must be observed for the duration of Phase II of Governor Northam’s Forward Virginia initiative, and are expected to continue into Phase III and beyond at least until such time as the local emergency regarding COVID-19 has been lifted. Everyone's effort to observe these is appreciated.
Protocols for building access
- The public will be asked to wear masks when they enter a Town building.
- Physical distancing is required in all lobbies and public assembly areas.
- Employee work spaces will be off-limits to the public.
- Meeting with citizens will still be by technology. If an in-person meeting is absolutely necessary, an appointment is required along with masks and physical distancing.
- Citizen participation in Council meetings will still be via Zoom and sending in written comments, at least through Phase III.
Protocols for the Visitor Center
- In the Visitor Center, only one “visitor group” (people who are already together—a family, a couple, friends, etc.) will be allowed in the center at one time.
- Masks must be worn by visitors while inside the center.
We encourage our customers to continue to make utility or tax payments on-line through PayGov or by placing them in the drop-box behind Town Hall. If you would like a receipt emailed to you for payments left in the drop box, please request a receipt with your payment and provide your email address. The Town will not cut-off water service for non-payment until the state of emergency for Virginia has been lifted; however, timely payment for water/sewer service is still expected and is appreciated.
This continues to be an uncertain time for our community and for our neighbors throughout the country, and we remind you that we are here to continue to serve and support you.
For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of COVID-19 and steps you should take to protect yourself and your family, please visit the CDC and VDH websites.
Coronavirus updates from the Governor's office may be viewed here.
To view the President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America, click here.
Please check back to this page periodically as any change in status regarding the Town will be announced here.